Who We Are
Director of Marketing and Communications
Director of Marketing and Communications
Berman Hebrew Academy is an Orthodox Day School that provides a comprehensive Jewish and secular education in an atmosphere of reverence, good citizenship, and love of the Jewish people and Israel.
Adhering to standards of academic excellence and exemplary moral conduct, it prepares its graduates to become halachically observant, well-educated Jews. It provides opportunities for each student to achieve the maximum of his or her potential, engaged with and contributing to both the Jewish community and the society at large.
The Director of Marketing and Communications is a critical part of the senior administrative team whose main purpose is to share the school’s vision and goals with all stakeholders in creative and exciting ways. This professional is responsible for strategic planning and implementation of all Marketing and Communications activities in a coordinated effort to address Berman’s audiences with a unified voice. The Director of Marketing and Communications reports directly to the Head of School.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Create comprehensive communications strategies and messaging; coordinate and develop publications and marketing materials to best market to the school’s external constituencies as well as manage internal communications processes.
- Promote programs that enhance the public perception of the school, interest parents to send their children, and encourage donors to contribute to Berman Hebrew Academy.
- Develop and place local, regional, and national news and features, reaching as many outlets as possible on a regular basis.
- Coordinate public relations for school events, which may include, but is not limited to photography, production of newsletters, press releases for publication, and working with media contacts.
- Update and maintain the school’s website.
- Create and manage social media for the school, i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- Create and manage all school communications to parents including, but not limited to the school’s weekly newsletter, monthly newsletters, PTO announcements, and event updates.
- Prepare and send out communications from the Head of School internally as well as to the community at large.
- Maintain and manage constituent databases, including, but not limited to, current families, past families, donors, alumni, board, volunteers, etc.
- Manage e-mail software for all communications.
- Keep relevant statistics on all aspects of the Communications program.
- Represent the school at various gatherings and conferences related to Marketing and Communications.
- Help the Admissions Director with the training of our parent ambassadors to assist in admissions and retention.
- Initiate and create activities, in collaboration with the Director of Admissions, intended to interest parents and potential supporters in sending students to Berman Hebrew Academy.
- Promote good relationships and create networking opportunities and support for representatives with outside institutions or groups (schools, synagogues, other Jewish institutions, real estate agencies, etc.) that can be helpful in attracting quality students.
- Evaluate continually, and redesign where appropriate, all aspects of the marketing program with the goal of maintaining a capacity enrollment of qualified students and a wait-list of qualified applicants.
- Proactively engage current students and parents in constant dialogue about the school to gauge satisfaction with the school and present any concerns to the Head of School.
Branding and Messaging
- Serve as a brand ambassador and brand manager.
- Assist senior admin team with presentation preparation.
- Design, implement, and monitor style-guide for school communications.
- Serve on the administrative team.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
- Support the school and its leadership.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Branding, Public Relations, or other related field
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Marketing and Communications
- Strong writing skills and experience is required
To apply for this position, please email a resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to Anetta Nyland at email@example.com with the subject line Director of Marketing.