Who We Are
Director of Admissions
Berman Hebrew Academy is a Modern Orthodox Day School that provides a comprehensive Jewish and secular education in an atmosphere of reverence, good citizenship, and love of the Jewish people and Israel. The Berman Hebrew Academy serves almost 700 students from nursery through 12th Grade in the Greater D.C. area.
Adhering to standards of academic excellence and exemplary moral conduct, Berman Hebrew Academy prepares its graduates to become halachically observant, well-educated Jews. It provides opportunities for each student to achieve his or her maximum potential, engaged with, and contributing to both the Jewish community and society at large.
We are seeking an extremely warm, high-energy, results-oriented professional to serve as Director of Admissions and recruit, enroll, and retain students at the school.
The Director of Admissions is a critical part of the senior administrative team whose main purpose is to share the school’s vision and goals with all stakeholders in creative and exciting ways to attract and retain mission-appropriate prospective families and students to our school. This professional is responsible for strategic planning and implementation of all admissions, recruitment, and retention activities as part of a coordinated effort. The Admissions Director delivers results by building and cultivating relationships, analyzing data, and using technology and social media to reach prospective students and parents.
The Director of Admissions reports to the Head of School.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Design and implement a comprehensive strategic plan for admissions of new students to the school.
- Direct the admissions process from point of inquiry through enrollment.
- Present the school to prospective students and parents, which includes systematic and efficient handling of applications and communication with candidates and their parents; tours of the institution; interviews with candidates and their parents; arrangements for admissions testing; securing of necessary student credentials; and communicating final decisions to the appropriate individuals.
- Develop, together with the Head of School and Director of Marketing, the admissions budget and appropriate admissions and marketing materials, ads, mailings, web pages, and publications that effectively transmit the school’s mission, vision, and culture to prospective students and their families.
- Create a strategic admission plan with the Head of School.
- Initiate and create events and activities intended to interest parents and potential supporters in sending students to Berman Hebrew Academy.
- Promote good relationships and create networking opportunities and support for representatives with outside institutions or groups (schools, synagogues, other Jewish institutions, real estate agencies, etc.) that can be helpful in attracting quality mission-appropriate students.
- Work with the Finance Director and Business Office to communicate with prospective and current families about financial aid options and decisions.
- Evaluate continually and redesign (where appropriate) all aspects of the admissions program with the goal of maintaining a capacity enrollment of qualified students and a wait-list of qualified applicants.
- Manage the re-enrollment of current students for the succeeding year with constant monitoring of attrition and retention.
- Oversee the network of parents, former parents, and alumni to assist in the admissions program.
- Keep relevant statistics on all aspects of the admission and re-enrollment program.
- Lead a team of parent and lay ambassadors to help communicate Berman’s mission out in the community and to attract mission-appropriate students and families.
- Represent the school at various gatherings and conferences related to admissions.
- Serve on the administrative team.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
- Support the school and its leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum requirement in any field
- Experience in primary, secondary, or higher-education admissions, sales or other recruitment fields
- Knowledge and appreciation of Orthodox Jewish education
- Quick learner–growth oriented
- Ability to collect and analyze data to understand trends and draw projections
- Customer service oriented
- Availability to plan, attend, and manage events in and out of the school building during evenings as well as some Shabbatot and Sundays.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Admissions Director.