Lower School Dismissal Policy
As school administrators, one of our top priorities is the safety, security, and well-being of our students. In order to ensure that all children get to the correct locations safely and to ensure that no Lower School student wanders the building unaccompanied and unaccounted for, the following is our routine for daily 3:30 dismissal:
- No parking in the carpool area.
- No backing up in or pulling out of the carpool line unless specifically directed by a staff member.
- No one may walk through the carpool area to pick up children. If you wish to walk in, you must park in the main parking lot (#1), enter through the front door and walk down to the beginning of the Lower School. A staff member will call your child from the Dismissal area. (Parents may not wait near their child’s classroom as this can cause disruption.)
- Students who do not participate in an after-school activity MUST be picked up at 3:30.
- Students may not remain alone in the building. Students who are not picked up before dismissal ends, usually 3:40, will be sent to the After Care room and the parents billed $10.
One reminder about mornings: The doors open for students at 8:00 a.m. If you happen to arrive earlier, please do not drop your child off until 8:00 as s/he will not be able to enter the building.
Parents can assist us in moving the line along by making sure that children know where they’re supposed to sit in the vehicle and that they buckle up quickly.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Dr. Joshua Levisohn