Berman employs many methods for communicating with parents. Our communications vehicles include both mechanisms for announcing important information to parents and ways for parents to get information from us.
The school relies on electronic communication. If we do not have your current email, phone or mailing address, please email it, along with the grades of your children, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MJBHAinfo. Got a question? Get an answer! When you need info but don’t know where to go, send your questions by email to MJBHAinfo@mjbha.org and they will be answered ASAP. Also keep an eye on incoming email for information from MJBHAinfo@mjbha.org about upcoming events, weather closings, reminders and updates.
Weekly announcements. Berman sends out the following emails every week:
- Monday: Calendar at a Glance-a look ahead at the events of the next two weeks
- Tuesday Snapshot: A peek into the classrooms and events that have taken place recently
- Wednesday: The Torah Mitzion Kollel prepares weekly materials for parents and children to learn together.
- Thursday: The Berman Weekly provides information about upcoming events, calendar items and general announcements. Community announcements are included in this email.
- Division newsletters are prepared for the Lower School, Middle School and Upper School and are also emailed on Thursdays.
School information line. To learn if school is closed or delayed due to inclement weather, please call the school’s information line, (301) 962-9400 ext. 5555, after 6:30 a.m. for inclement weather decisions. Information is also posted on the home page of our web site, www.mjbha.org. If possible, we will also send email announcements of school closings or delayed opening.
Text Messaging. In the event of a school closing or delay due to inclement weather or an emergency message, a text message can be sent directly to your cell phone, if you have registered for that option. A message will be sent by our EZ Texting Service and show up as 313131. Register your cell phone. Please note that you must re-register your cell phone each school year even if you registered in prior years.
If you have feedback, ideas or suggestions about communications, please contact Judy Mehlman, Communications Associate, at ext. 5159 or email@example.com.